Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- LadyLincoln will be hosting a chat with DrippingWords today, November 11th, at 7PM EST. Here: chat.deviantart.com/chat/TheLa…
- Request a Free Prize! November - Update
- Lit-Visual Alliance Allied Artwork Feature #5 and Lit-Visual Alliance Allied Artwork Feature #6
- Love this Lit!
- Happy news. Romance in Verse
- I Wish I Had Written That FEATURES
- SilverInkblot is looking to maybe start up a Flash Fiction contest.
- The Visual Narrative Project
- Recognizing Excellence Vol. 5: Kneeling-Glory
- DDs Aren't Perfect
- “What are you up to litters?" BeccaJS wants to know!
- Odyssey Propulsion
- thorns asks “Will you write the Visual Narrative Project's next film?"
- Relativity Contest Winners
- The Ladies of Lit: Listing of Lovelies
- Ch. 4 Odyssey Prompt Released
- PowerfulWriting's Features, October 2012
- Wow, the community sure has been quiet lately!
- Avon Impulse to Accept NaNoWriMo Submissions
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-up
- AGMeade is looking to revive Writers-Slam into a quarterly soundzine.
- Apples and Oranges
- Nichrysalis would like you to send him DD suggestions!
- A welcome from Learn2Crit-Lit.
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink is still looking for members to join their Secret Santa event.
- SuperWritersHelp’s Prose Folder is Reopened.
- Lit-Visual-Alliance reminds members to “vote for the best Allied Artwork submitted to the Feature Folder! (voting ends November 25th)".
- The group, Poetrys-Renaissance, will no longer be accepting submissions as it is closing down.
- Please Read: Submitting To Folders an announcement from Poets-Are.
- The-Free-Pens starts a discussion, Fan characters less worthy than other originals?
- An update from ThePoetryofDA.
- Sacred-Literature’s Contest Features, a reminder for their Writer of the Month and posts a list of the NY Times Best Sellers.
- The Contest Results form Teenage-Writers have been announced.
- Literature-and-Stuff is looking for prize donations.
- The End of Week One, WriMo-Writers’ NaNoWriMo blog.
- Judging has begun on Open-Mic-Poetry’s Sonnet Contest.
- Wordsmiths-Guild’s Inner Divinity Contest Results
- SuperWritersHelp’s poll: “Critique Challenge and Learning to Crit Lit"
- QA-Lit’s Link Share #1
- Judging has begun for InspireTheUninspired’s contest and they also post a group update.
- UpcomingShenanigans + Critic Challenge, news from RomanceforEveryone.
- Write-Original reveals the Group Voice Contest winner.
- News Updates and a new Bookclub Discussion - The Other Boleyn Girl from Love-Literature.
- Teenage-Writers posts some updates about their Secret Santa and Writer's Knitting Circle.
- The winners of Written-Imagination's Birthdya Limerick Contest have been revealed.
- The-Free-Writers announces the winners of their contest.
- RawEm0tion updates their Poetry/Prose RPG: Lvl Up.
- Story-Corner has a new gallery folder and promotes and affiliates contest; it’s the group’s 2-Month Anniversary.
- A welcome from the new group, Elocutionists.
- EliteLiterature’s Lit of the Week 46! Sammur-amat, wordsmith94 and PrideofPanem and their poll: "Do you ever write without any clothes on?"
- poetry-book posts their Audition Results and has started Round 1.
- An update from writeaway about NaNoWriMo.
- WritersInk asks "Have you ever suggested a piece of literature for a Daily Deviation (DD)? How did it do?"
- An check-in journal from NaNoWriM0
- WordsLovers reminds members to take a look at the gallery.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
Back to Top
This Weeks Spotlight
No group spotlight this week since I was busy doing this:
Reasons to Love dA's Lit Community: Part 1
Reasons to Love dA's Lit Community: Part 2
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Painted-From-Words' Prompt #4 [November 16th]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "Artwork" [November 11th]
- Prompt #29: "Excuses" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [November 10th]
- 'Bloody Tears': KnightsOfRomance's current prompt. [November 9th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.1 [November 8th]
- FightToWrite's Theme of the Week - Tranquility [November 5th]
- 'Spider' is TheCritiquables' weekly word prompt. [November 3rd]
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Eraser
- Weekly Spontaneity: 33 from SixWordStories
- "Carry Me" is the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- "Forgotten" is Writing-to-Live's weekly prompt.
- Letters-To-Myself's Writing Prompt: Thank a Family Member. [December 1st]
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is 'Superfluous'. [November 25th]
- "The 237th Marine Corps Birthday" is LiterarySanctuary's November-December monthly prompt. [December 25th]
- ScreamPrompt #30, October 2012 [December 6th]
- APictureToA1000Words' November Theme: "The Sweetest Goodbye" [November 30th]
- 'Autumn', LaRevolucionEscrita's monthly prompt [November 30th]
- Wordsmiths-Guild's Prompt for November [November 29th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie. [November 25th]
- Unseen-Writers' Challenge of the Month - October to November [November 21st]
- LITplease's 19th Poetry Prompt - A Recipe of Words 1 [November 13th]
- 'Rebirth' is PowerfulWriting's monthly prompt. [October 31st]
- MidtownMagic's monthly prompt [October 31st]
- transliterations' Prompt 13: The Beginning! [October 23rd]
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
Workshops and Challenges:
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--October Sign Up [Monthly, November 12th]
- NaNo Workshop, hosted by TheWritingHaven.
- Challenge #5: The Cursed Moon Carnival
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- knownames’ Exquisite Corpse [November 20th]
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- A Series of Dastardly Writing Prompts from MadWords.
- SixWordStories' Monthly Challenge: October
- Phrase Prompt #5: Harvest Moon from Naturally-Written.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Teenage-Writers’ Group Story
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Revamped-- October
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- One-Thousand Contest [1,000 word limit] (December 7th)
- "Finding Warmth in the Cold" (January 2nd)
- Crossovers [1,500 word limit; fan-fiction; please see link for details] (January 9th)
Contests Ending This Week:
- 'Horror Love' Contest (November 15th)
- 'Science Fiction' [Short stories only; please see link for details] (November 16th)
- 25th Birthday Contest [Please see link for details] (November 18th)
- #ThePoetryofDA's Holiday Contest [Poetry Only] (November 18th)
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Or join WeeklyLitContests, which does exactly as their name implies and holds a contest every week, Monday through Saturday.
- Writers-and-Editors has begun their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVI
- Writers With a Promise - Issue 15
- The Saturday Spotlight for November 10th, 2012
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue XI
- Friday Night Features LXXII
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 88
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XII
- The Favorites Project #174, #175, #176
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 12
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #18
- Fabulous Friday Feature 6: Lace
- A Symbol View with ^neurotype
- Be A Critic Volume 1
- Saturday Morning Features - 1
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- 2 Critiquers, 2 Contributors, and 1 Advertiser are the current open positions at Penpa.
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Lit Scouts are needed at WritersInk.
- A Blogger and a Recruiter are the current open positions in the group Love-Literature.
- Writers--club is seeking applicants for their Critics and Commenters positions.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- WreckingHavocOnPaper needs someone to take over the group.
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- ItsAllAboutWriting would like a few contributors.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- Critics are wanted at CritiqueForPoints.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- DesperateWriters is hoping for a few new moderators and a co-founder to help out the group.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- Soul-Poets is looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- WriMo-Writers would like some more admins to help with behind-the-scenes work.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
BeccaJS - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - October / November 2012
October's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: November
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
another LITplease Community Liaison who helps gather even more information, all while being awesome.
recently hopped on board and became a Community Liaison, so go give her a warm welcome, she's rather amazing.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
for being the bestest!
Back to Top