Welcome to the one-hundred first issue of Love dA Lit! Every Sunday this article will aim to promote volunteer opportunities, various resources, prompts, challenges, and workshops, as well as highlighting various contests, and spotlighting a specific group every week. This is by no means a complete list of all the literature going-ons, merely a tool to help you get involved and stay informed.
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Nichrysalis would like you to send him DD suggestions!
- NaNoWriMo Chat Schedule
- angeljunkie’s journal: Experimental Writing: A Open Discussion
- Elocutionists is a new spoken word group
- Stop Peeing on DDs: Rude comments on DDs aren't always about the actual feature.
- The Much Anticipated (orperhapsforgotten) Feature
- Creative Grants Update! Submit your project! They even accept literature related projects.
- The Famed Baking Knights of Cashew
- lion-essrampant is looking for more DLD suggestions.
- All Hallow's Tales - RESULTS!
- The Wailing: A Book of Lost Knowledge, written by QuiEstInLiteris has been released.
- PinkyMcCoversong's book Dear Teen Me is out!
- New poems, new poets
- Read about the Lit Community on the publishing new source, GalleyCat.
- "Do you appreciate people offering you suggestions on your written work?" asks toxic-nebulae.
- Charming Infographic about Creative Blocks
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-up - Halloween Special and WritersInk Monthly Round-up - October 2012
- why should i notice you?
- The Visual Narrative Project - Write Our Next Film
- Site Update: Literature Appearance, Sta.sh Writer
- Authors-Club is looking for donations to become a super group.
- A casual update from Open-Mic-Poetry.
- Announcments from Soul-Poets.
- A bit of an update from WritersOfTheWorld
- SuperWritersHelp wants to know if members would be interested in a Critique Contest.
- writingmadefun’s Zombie Contest winners have been announced.
- A November Update from LiteratureKingdom
- The audition round for poetry-book’s Scratch That is now over.
- EliteLiterature’s Lit of the Week 45! Raven-of-Prophecy, orphicfiddler and nawkaman
- Writers-Retreat’s NaNoWriMoM. journal.
- NaNoWriMo-Love now has a chatroom to help members with NaNoWriMo.
- An Update on LITplease.
- YWP-NaNoWriMo posts an update concerning inactive members and NaNoWriMo.
- National Novel Writing Month is here, a journal from Live-Write-Now.
- Writers4Life also posts their own NaNo journal.
- Change is coming to BleedingHeartsPoetry.
- DeviantLITERATURE will temporarily be closing their gallery folders until November 12th.
- LiteraryAbandon posts their NaNoWriMo start blog.
- Start! a NaNoWriMo blog form NaNoWriM0.
- News and updates from TheCritiquables.
- Story-Corner addresses submission issues.
- No prompt this month at ScreamPrompts, so go give raspil some hugs and work on a past prompt for her.
- Sacred-Literature will be starting a Writer of the Month, updates their ‘Birthday Club’, as well as two NaNoWriMo journals.
- Are You Ready? a blog about NaNoWriMo from WriMo-Writers.
- An update and an announcment from Poem-forthe-poemless.
- Time to write a novel, a blog from AspiringAuthors about NaNoWriMo.
- Shelf-of-Friends’ September Prompt Contest Winners have been revealed.
- Literature-Pros announces their Halloween contest winners
- InspireTheUninspired posts a 2012 NaNoWriMo Feature
- theWrittenRevolution posts a wrap up of their chat event, a blog about NaNoWriMo, and an Affiliates Feature.
- A bit of an update from Iwastesomuchtime.
- Love-Literature's Interview with a Member and posts a new ’Meet the Group’.
- A NaNoWriMo journal from Heart-of-Poetry.
- FightToWrite has some Updates & Announcements as well as news about NaNoWriMo and their affiliates.
- An announcement from Writers-Extrodinaire regarding what members want out of the group as well as a new critique folder.
- A few updates and such from Literary-Limits as well as an announcement that November is their Challenge Free month.
- LiteratureAnonymous posts a journal with some of their current news.
- Love-Literature's Contest Winners have been announced.
- "Xmas may be a while away, but what would you rather see traded in a group secret santa? asks FantasyAuthorsGuild
- QA-Lit updates about what the group will be doing this month.
- The winners of Ordinary-Writing's contest have been announced
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink is looking to renew their supergroup status.
- writingmadefun has a few updates and discusses some possible changes.
- A small update from Literature-Pros.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
Back to Top
This Weeks Group Spotlight
No group spotlight this week!
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Prompt #29: "Excuses" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [November 10th]
- 'Bloody Tears': KnightsOfRomance's current prompt. [November 9th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.1 [November 8th]
- PoetryWeek's weekly prompt is 'Superfluous'. [November 7th]
- FightToWrite's Theme of the Week - Tranquility [November 5th]
- 'Spider' is TheCritiquables' weekly word prompt. [November 3rd]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "Musical Prompt" [October 28th]
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Festive Skeletons
- Weekly Spontaneity: 32 from SixWordStories
- "Forgotten" is Writing-to-Live's weekly prompt
- "Content with Nothing" is the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- 'Autumn', LaRevolucionEscrita's monthly prompt [November 30th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie. [November 25th]
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
- Unseen-Writers' Challenge of the Month - October to November [November 21st]
- LITplease's 19th Poetry Prompt - A Recipe of Words 1 [November 11th]
- 'Rebirth' is PowerfulWriting's monthly prompt. [October 31st]
- MidtownMagic's monthly prompt [October 31st]
- ScreamPrompt #29, October 2012 [October 31st]
- APictureToA1000Words' October prompt: "The Sweetest Goodbye" [October 31st]
- transliterations' Prompt 13: The Beginning! [October 23rd]
- "Culture" is LiterarySanctuary's September monthly prompt. [October]
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
Workshops and Challenges:
- TheWriterSantas’ October Secret Santa Sign-Ups [November 7th]
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--October Sign Up [Monthly, October 8th]
- NaNo Workshop, hosted by TheWritingHaven.
- Challenge #5: The Cursed Moon Carnival
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- Halloween Writing Prompt from Penpa. [November 10th]
- Self-Publishing's current theme is Love Poems. [November 10th]
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- A Series of Dastardly Writing Prompts from MadWords.
- SixWordStories' Monthly Challenge: October
- Phrase Prompt #5: Harvest Moon from Naturally-Written.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Teenage-Writers’ Group Story
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Revamped-- October
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- 25th Birthday Contest [Please see link for details] (November 18th)
- #My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's Secret Santa (November 21st--Signup Deadline; November 29th--Submission Deadline)
- November Thankstivity (November 22nd)
- Outsider Contest [Please see link for details] (November 30th)
- Cliché Competition [3,000 word limit] (November 30th)
- QuiEstInLiteris' Contest (December 15th)
- Vintage Christmas Short Story Contest (December 17th)
- DisneyDreamers Spooktacular Contest (December 22nd)
Contests Ending This Week:
- First Kiss [Prose only; please see link for details] (November 5th)
- #thelifeofwords' Halloween Contest (November 5th)
- =Germany1177's Poetry Contest [Poetry only; 5 line minimum] (November 5th)
- xSwirledStrawbeare's Talents Contest (November 6th)
- 'Escape' (November 7th)
- #Shelf-of-Friends October Prompt Contest (November 7th)
- 'Sonnet Contest' [Sonnets only; please see link for details] (November 8th)
- XGNYC Halloween and Samhain Contest IV (November 9th)
- 'Land of the Sky' [500 word minimum; fan-fiction only; please see link for details] (November 9th)
- 'Exams' [1,000 word limit] (November 10th)
- Rebellion Contest’s new deadline is November 10th.
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Or join WeeklyLitContests, which does exactly as their name implies and holds a contest every week, Monday through Saturday.
- Writers-and-Editors has begun their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXV
- Writers With a Promise - Issue 15
- The Saturday Spotlight for November 3rd, 2012
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue XI
- Friday Night Features LXXI
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 87
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XII
- The Favorites Project #171, #172, #173
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 12
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #17
- Fabulous Friday Feature 5: Sea Salt
- A Symbol View with ^neurotype
- Be A Critic Volume 1
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Lit Scouts are needed at WritersInk.
- A Blogger and a Recruiter are the current open positions in the group Love-Literature.
- Writers--club is seeking applicants for their Critics and Commenters positions.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- WreckingHavocOnPaper needs someone to take over the group.
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- ItsAllAboutWriting would like a few contributors.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- Critics are wanted at CritiqueForPoints.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- DesperateWriters is hoping for a few new moderators and a co-founder to help out the group.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- Soul-Poets is looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- WriMo-Writers would like some more admins to help with behind-the-scenes work.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
BeccaJS - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - September / October 2012
October's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: November
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
another LITplease Community Liaison who helps gather even more information, all while being awesome.
recently hopped on board and became a Community Liaison, so go give her a warm welcome, she's rather amazing.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
for sharing an outside article about dA’s Lit Community!
Back to Top